Re: [selectors-api] SVG WG Review of Selectors API

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 01:06:34 +0100
To: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Cc: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>

Robin Berjon wrote:
> On Dec 8, 2008, at 17:26 , Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> Similar functionality was previously requested and rejected for the
>> xml and xmlns prefixes, and I see no reason to treat the xhtml and svg
>> prefixes any differently.
>>
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2008Feb/0062.html
>
> That's a shame, they should be defined for a DOM that supports XML
> features, especially the xml namespace.

Although the xml and xmlns prefixes are predefined for use in XML,
neither the Selectors spec, nor the CSS Namespace Module predefine them
for use with Selectors in CSS.  There is no reason why this should be
any different for Selectors used in this API.  If you still disagree,
then I suggest you take up the issue with the CSS WG, as it would be
more appropriate to address the issue in either Selectors or the CSS
Namespace Module, if at all.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/