[widgets] Trimming attribute values, a bad idea?

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 02:51:13 +0000
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

Got a question... I've relaxed keyword attributes to be allowed to
have leading and trailing whitespace. Now, widget user agents are
required to trim whitespace prior to validation/processing. Widget
user agents must only perform literal comparisons with trimmed values,
and must not perform case insensitive comparisons.

So, for instance, <access network="     false    "> is ok.

Does anyone see any problem with this? Should I revert back to being
strict and having UA do comparisons without trimming?

Kind regards,
Marcos

--
Marcos Caceres