Re: [widgets] Trimming attribute values, a bad idea?

On Dec 3, 2008, at 04:51, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> So, for instance, <access network="     false    "> is ok.
>
> Does anyone see any problem with this? Should I revert back to being
> strict and having UA do comparisons without trimming?

Experience with HTML, SVG and MathML indicates that when trimming is
specified, implementors don't always do it. My conclusion is that it's
better to specify that keyword attribute values are compared without
trimming. (Unless, of course, the attribute in question takes a
whitespace-separated list of tokens.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi