Re: [XHR] IDL namespace

From: Kartikaya Gupta <lists.webapps@stakface.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 14:46:59 +0000
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org

On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 15:41:23 +0100, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> > Also, I have the same question for XHR that I had for Selectors-API:
> > what module/java-package will it be in?
>
> I'd hope non-ECMAScript languages have a better API for dealing with HTTP
> :-) In other words, does it really matter?

For some of the stuff we're working on, yes it does. Even though there are other APIs for making HTTP connections, XHR offers some useful abstractions that developers are comfortable with and know how to use. It makes switching between platform-based programming in Java and web-based programming in Javascript much easier.

That being said, if you don't want to specify a module in the spec, then I don't really care much; we can make up our own namespace and put it in there. I just didn't want there to be interop concerns later if other vendors put it in a different namespace.

Cheers,
kats