Re: [Bindings] extended attribute for callback function interfaces?

Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Jonas Sicking:
>> Why do we need the FunctionOnly/PropertyOnly feature? In gecko we don't
>> have that functionality and it hasn't caused any problems that I can
>> think of.
>
> I took David’s feedback to mean that sometimes you want to state that
> a single-function interface can’t be implemented by a function (and
> added PropertyOnly for that).

Ah, after rereading Davids feedback that does make sense to me. What we
do in gecko is that we have a property that indicates 'this interface
can be implemented as a function'. See for example:

http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/dom/public/idl/events/nsIDOMEventListener.idl

(search for 'function').

I don't really care if it's an opt-in or opt-out though. And actually,
simply having the [Callback] flag might be enough since as soon as you
have said that something is a callback-interface it's going to be really
hard to add any thing to the interface.

/ Jonas