Re: [Bindings] extended attribute for callback function interfaces?

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:15:06 +1100
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org

Jonas Sicking:
> Why do we need the FunctionOnly/PropertyOnly feature? In gecko we don't
> have that functionality and it hasn't caused any problems that I can
> think of.

I took David’s feedback to mean that sometimes you want to state that
a single-function interface can’t be implemented by a function (and
added PropertyOnly for that).

> What could make sense to do is to say that if the [Callback] interface
> has any attributes or more than one function you can't pass a function.

Attributes can’t be specified at all on callback interfaces to be
implemented by a native object.

> But why would we ever want an interface that only had one function that
> we didn't want to be implementable as a function.

Yes I think that is sensible, and I’d rather have it uniform like this.
If nobody can point to any interfaces that should have non-uniform
behaviour, I’ll happily take the arguments out.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/