Re: [Selectors-API] IDL namespace

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:17:27 +0100
To: public-webapps@w3.org

Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Kartikaya Gupta:
>> What namespace does the Selectors-API IDL belong to? This determines
>> the java package (org.w3c.dom.???) that the NodeSelector interface
>> will go in, and is needed for java implementations. Even if it's just
>> the top-level namespace (i.e. the org.w3c.dom package) a note to that
>> effect would be handy.
>
> Yes I think the dom module (and hence the org.w3c.dom Java package) is
> appropriate.  Lachy, the method for mapping IDL modules to Java packages
> in Web IDL isn’t finalised yet.  But the interface can be placed in the
> dom module for now, at least:
>
>   module dom {
>     interface NodeSelector {
>       // …
>     };
>   };

It seems from the Java bindings section of Web IDL that the way to
define modules and how they're mapped to Java packages isn't yet very
stable.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#java-modules

I'm hesitant to include the module declaration in the IDL at this stage.
  Although I suppose I could and then just update it if WebIDL changes.
  If I did so, is there anything else I would need to specify in the
prose for this?

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/