Re: [Selectors-API] IDL namespace

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:17:27 +0100
To: public-webapps@w3.org

Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Kartikaya Gupta:
>> What namespace does the Selectors-API IDL belong to? This determines
>> the java package (org.w3c.dom.???) that the NodeSelector interface
>> will go in, and is needed for java implementations. Even if it's just
>> the top-level namespace (i.e. the org.w3c.dom package) a note to that
>> effect would be handy.
> Yes I think the dom module (and hence the org.w3c.dom Java package) is
> appropriate.  Lachy, the method for mapping IDL modules to Java packages
> in Web IDL isn’t finalised yet.  But the interface can be placed in the
> dom module for now, at least:
>   module dom {
>     interface NodeSelector {
>       // …
>     };
>   };

It seems from the Java bindings section of Web IDL that the way to
define modules and how they're mapped to Java packages isn't yet very

I'm hesitant to include the module declaration in the IDL at this stage.
  Although I suppose I could and then just update it if WebIDL changes.
  If I did so, is there anything else I would need to specify in the
prose for this?

Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software