Re: [selectors-api] Liveness versus NodeList

From: Gavin Kistner <gavin@phrogz.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 21:18:52 -0700
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
To: Gavin Kistner <gavin@phrogz.net>

On Nov 18, 2008, at 9:04 PM, Gavin Kistner wrote:
> I recommend specifying a new derivative StaticNodeList type as the
> return value. I do not recommend using an actual live NodeList, as I
> agree with both the end-user usefulness and performance benefits of
> not having a live NodeList.

Amusingly, I see now that the previous draft of the specification had
exactly this, with even the same name.

I apologize for the noise; I got the notification of this most recent
last call draft through a cross-post to another group and have only
just joined. If anyone cares to spare the time summarizing why this
was changed, I'd be delighted for it. In lieu of that, I'm browsing
the archives now to try and figure it out.