Re: [WebIDL] ES3.1 'flexible' attribute and 'delete' semantics

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 09:41:17 +1000
To: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>

Hi Travis.

Travis Leithead:
> My question, once again, is whether WebIDL will define exactly how to
> translate the behavior of operators like delete into the JavaScript
> language binding for DOM objects.

I think it should (and does currently for ES3 by virtue of saying
whether particular properties have the DontDelete attribute).  If we
decide to update the whole section (or add a separate one) for ES3.1
then yes we should also state this behaviour by giving the value of the
[[Flexible]] attribute.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/