Re: [Widgets] Requirements LC

From: timeless <timeless@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:02:58 +0300
To: "Marcos Caceres" <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Cc: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>

On 6/19/08, Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com> wrote:
> This just means that you should be able to get at the stuff in the
>  config.xml file (so you don't need to declare the metadata again in
>  the start file).

oh, well that definitely isn't what i misinterpreted it to mean :)

what is the reason not to require access to irrelevant information?
i guess it's implementation simplicity...

> How would you suggest I rewrite it?

i think my concern is "they declared". I treated that is a "link" and
read the block to mean that the host would "resolve the link" on
retrieval.

declare: foo=get_data_from(http://somewhere)

means: retrieve(foo)

result: