Re: Issues and Actions (was: XHR2 Feedback As Tracker Issues)

Doug, All,

On Jun 17, 2008, at 12:21 AM, ext Doug Schepers wrote:

> In general, I think using the tracker can be more effective at
> dealing with issues than merely using email or notations in the
> spec, for a number of reasons:

Yes, I agree there are some benefits for more fine-grained Issues.

One concern I have is the meta issues with Issues i.e. the overhead
of managing the Issues. For example, it would be unfortunate if we
ended-up spending more time discussing things like "is this an issue
or not" instead of discussing/debating the technical specifics.

Another concern I have is the potential burden for the Editors i.e.
the folks actually doing a large part of the group's work. I am most
familiar with the Editors from the WAF WG (Marcos/Widgets, Hixie/XBL2
and Anne/AC4CSR) and I think they are generally already doing a good
job of managing Issues for their specs.

If an Editor wants to manage fine-grained Issues then I'd be open to
supporting that model. However, if Editors are generally satisfied
with their current Issue management model, then I'd tend to continue
to support that too.

Anyhow, comments from others are welcom, particularly the WebApps
Editors.

-Regards, Art