Mass Subscription, and How to Unsubscribe

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:28:01 -0400
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>

Hi, Folks-

If you are reading this email, and wondering how you got added to this
email list, you were previously subscribed to either WAF
<public-appformats@w3.org>, WebAPI <public-webapi@w3.org>, or both.
Since we have merged those groups into the new Web Applications
(WebApps) WG, and closed down those lists, I subscribed you to the new
discussion forum, <public-webapps@w3.org> as a courtesy.

If you hate being autosubscribed, I don't blame you, and you can blame
me.  I'm honestly very sorry if you didn't want to be added, and it is
very easy for you to unsubscribe yourself.  You can either send an email
to <public-webapps-request@w3.org> with the word "unsubscribe" in the
subject, or write to me personally and I'll do it manually.

It is not W3C policy to subscribe people without their prior request,
and I was explicitly advised by The Power That Be not to do so, but I
made a judgment call that most of you would rather not miss out on
messages of interest.  Honestly, it's really very interesting... you
should stick around.

So, welcome to the WebApps mailing list!

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, WebApps, SVG, and CDF