Re: RfR: Progress Events Test Cases; deadline January 28

On 1/18/13 2:35 PM, ext Arthur Barstow wrote:
> <http://w3c-test.org/webapps/ProgressEvents/tests/submissions/Ms2ger/>
>
> If you have any comments, please send them to
> public-webapps-testsuite@w3.org by January 28.

I reviewed Ms2ger's constructor.html and interface.html tests and ran
them (via the framework) on Mac OS with Chrome (24), FF (19) and Opera
(12.12). Below are some comments and results.

I ran the constructor.html on a WP8 device running IE10 mobile and it
failed all tests implying that browser does not support this spec (I
didn't run interface.html).

-AB

= constructor.html

test 1: Chrome fails isTrusted sub-test - returns "undefined" and
expecting false. Opera fails eventPhase sub-test - returns "2" and
expecting 0 (NONE). Implementation bugs?

test 2: fails on FF and Opera. Where is the requirement defined that
substantiates "There must NOT be a a initProgressEvent()"?

test 6: all the browsers fail this. Where is the requirement defined
that substantiates "document.createEvent() should not work with
ProgressEvent"?

= interface.html

test 1: Chrome and Opera both fail the length sub-test - they return 0
and "2" is expected. Where is this expecation of "2" defined? FF also
fails this test with length of "undefined".

test 2: FF fails the constructor sub-test - returns object and function
is expected. Opera fails this test because desc.value is "undefined" and
expecting ProgressEvent.prototype.

tests 3,4,5 - none of the browsers pass this test but it's not really
clear to me what specific requirements from the spec are being tested so
at a minimum, some context for these tests should be added.

test 6 - passes Opera and FF and fails Chrome. Not clear where the
"Interface objects propoerties should not be Enumerable" requirement is
defined.

test 7 - passed Opera and FF and fails Chrome