Opera's SSE Tests on GitHub [Was: <different topic>]

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 09:19:37 -0500
To: ext James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>, Tina Zhao <tina.zhao@intel.com>
CC: "public-webapps-testsuite@w3.org" <public-webapps-testsuite@w3.org>
On 11/20/12 8:30 AM, ext James Graham wrote:
> On 11/20/2012 02:01 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>> On 11/20/12 5:14 AM, ext Zhao, Tina wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> My name is Tina Zhao, and I'm the new test facilitator of the
>>> server-sent events[1].
>>
>> Hi Tina,
>>
>> FYI, Opera put some SSE tests on GitHub
>> <https://github.com/w3c/event-source>.
>>
>> James - does Opera intend to put these tests in
>> <http://w3c-test.org/webapps/ServerSentEvents/tests/>?
>
> Well I don't strongly object to moving them there, but at Test The Web
> Forward we got requests to just put them on github directly.

If a major issue re WebApps' testing effort is that non group members do
not  submit tests because they cannot or will not use W3C's Hg, then, as
I said at TPAC, I agree we should  accommodate such users.

> So that's what I did. It might be an interesting exercise to use
> github as the primary location for these tests and see if we run into
> any problems.

Tina - are you going to submit SSE tests? Regardless, perhaps it would
be useful for you to review Opera's SSE tests, and give us a short
summary of your plan for this test suite.

-Thanks, AB