[progress-events] loaded member misnamed?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 13:01:13 +0200
To: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Hi,

Yesterday someone contacted me on IRC about implementing
XMLHttpRequest.upload from XMLHttpRequest Level 2. It turns out that the
Progress Events specification is not generic enough for both uploading and
downloading as we agreed it should be long ago.

The ProgressEvent.loaded member should probably be defined in a more
abstract way and I would actually suggest to rename it to
ProgressEvent.transferred so it's clear that it is about transferred data.

(I also still feel that total and lengthComputable should be named in a
more consistent way, e.g. total and totalKnown.)

Kind regards,