Proposal to work on Geolocation

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 20:39:45 +0000 (UTC)
To: public-webapi@w3.org, chaals@opera.com

Hi,

Google would like to volunteer some resources to work on a specification
to provide a Geolocation API for the Web platform. Does anyone on the
working group think we should not work on this? If not, please consider
this a formal proposal from us to adopt a Geolocation API as a work item.
Since we need broad working group agreement to add a work item, I propose
that we set a deadline of June 4th for dissent, though as Chaals always
says, positive assent would be preferred. :-) Chaals, could you do the
honours of making this formal? Thanks!

Background:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2008Mar/0011.html
   http://code.google.com/p/google-gears/wiki/GeolocationAPI