Re: [XMLHttpRequest] LC comments

On Tue, 27 May 2008 03:15:36 +0200, Marcos Caceres
<marcosscaceres@gmail.com> wrote:
> If it's not too late, some really minor editorial comments on
> XMLHTTPRequest Editor's Draft 16 May 2008.

The deadline is June 2 currently, so no.

> ---
> The following instances of the word "which" should be changed for the
> word "that":
>
> The OPENED state has an associated send() flag which indicates ...
>
> The DONE state has an associated error flag which indicates ...

Done.

> If there is no Content-Type header or there is a Content-Type header
> which contains ...
>
> If there is a Content-Type header which contains a text/html MIME ...

I changed the second one to "If the Content-Type header contains a
text/html MIME ...". I hope that's what you meant.

> A comma is missing after the word object in the following statement:
>
> These exceptions are all part of the group ExceptionCode and use the
> DOMException object which is defined in DOM Level 3 Core.
>
> Should be:
>
> These exceptions are all part of the group ExceptionCode and use the
> DOMException object, which is defined in DOM Level 3 Core.

Added.

> The word "simply" should be removed from the following note:
>
> Note: authors are encouraged to simply encode their resources using
> UTF-8.

Done.

> This sentence is missing a subject (the xmlhttprequest object):
>
> On getting the attribute must return the value of the constant
> corresponding to the object's current state.

I added a comma after "On getting".

> Lastly, the word "null" sometimes appears in quotes ("null") and
> sometimes appears marked up between <code> elements. If this is
> intentional, then ignore this comment. Otherwise, where the string
> "null" is not being returned, null should probably be marked up with
> <code> to avoid the reader from expecting that the string "null" is
> being returned (and vice versa).

I checked and it seems that this is always intentional.

> Nice work, btw.

Thanks!