Re: [XHR] Overriding Request Headers with setRequestHeader()

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:42:24 +0200, Lachlan Hunt
<lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:
> So, what should the UA do for headers that are not defined to be
> comma-separated?  For example, in the case of setting Content-Type twice
> to two different values, does the latter override the former?
>
> [...]
> client.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", "text/plain");
> client.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", "text/html");
> client.send(data);

In that case you would get

or something. As defined the setRequestHeader() API is not aware of the
semantics of the headers and header values that are passed through. (This
differs a lot accross implementations too. I guess authors only use
"setRequestHeader('x-foo','bar')" and nothing more complex.)