Re: [selectors-api] Extended Attribute [NoNull] in the IDL

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 21:23:49 -0500
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
CC: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Lachlan Hunt wrote:

>>> IE 8 Beta: Returns null or empty NodeList
>>
>> Interesting.   What happens in IE8b1 if you do:
>>
>>   document.querySelector("")
>
> Throws a SYNTAX_ERR.

In that case, the null behavior doesn't make any sense to me...  I would
expect querySelector(null) to either behave as querySelector("null") (as
in Opera) or as querySelector("") (as in Gecko and apparently Webkit)...

Sounds like whatever gets specified here we need a test for it in the
test suite, at least.

-Boris