Re: [selectors-api] Extended Attribute [NoNull] in the IDL (was: Why have two identical differently named interfaces?)

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 21:48:50 +0200
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On an unrelated note, where is the [NoNull] decoration that's being used
> here documented?

That's in the Bindings4Dom spec.  I'm trying to make the IDL conform to it.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/Binding4DOM/#NoNull

I put the [NoNull] in there as a possible way to deal with the problem
of what happens when the authors passes null as the selector, which was
previously undefined.  I'm not yet sure if that's the right thing to do,
or what else I need to specify.  Consider it an open issue, and
suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/