Re: [selectors-api] Why have two identical differently named interfaces?

From: liorean <liorean@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:46:48 +0100
To: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On 12/03/2008, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
 >  I guess I could do the two interfaces, but I'm having a hard time seeing
 >  different extensions being made to these two interfaces (as
opposed to wholly
 >  new interfaces being invented, as was done here).

I can actually imagine one extension that only makes sence on elements
and not on any other nodes - element-rooted instead of
subtree-only-but-document-rooted queries. (I don't see any real
benefit from such an interface though, but I've seen the idea
mentioned on the mailing lists.)
David "liorean" Andersson