Re: [selectors-api] Why have two identical differently named interfaces?

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> The reason for two interfaces is to allow extensions to either going
> forward. Though presumably for ECMAScript you can implement them however
> you'd like as window.ElementSelector and window.DocumentSelector should
> probably not exist. (Just prototype Element/Document instead.)

Making them not exist is quite a bit of pain in Gecko, for what it's worth.

I guess I could do the two interfaces, but I'm having a hard time seeing
different extensions being made to these two interfaces (as opposed to wholly
new interfaces being invented, as was done here).

-Boris