Re: XHR setRequestHeader("connection", "close") is bogusly rejected

From: Kris Zyp <kzyp@sitepen.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:03:40 -0600
To: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: "Morgan L" <morganl.webkit@yahoo.com>, <public-webapi@w3.org>

>> As far as I can tell, Firefox is the only browser that regards
>> "connection: close" as an indication that the connection should not be
>> counted against the connection limit
>
> What gives you that idea? I'm not actually sure since I don't know the
> inner workings of the network code, but I have never heard of such
> behavior.

I have never heard of such behavior either until this thread. I just tried
it out against Safari 3, IE8, Opera 9, and FF2. Only FF2 seemed to be
affected by "Connection: close". FF2 seems to let me open an indefinite
number of connections to a server if use "Connection: close", but only two
connections are allowed if don't use it. I was surprised as well. FF3 is not
affected by "Connection: close", only FF2.

Kris