Re: XHR setRequestHeader("connection", "close") is bogusly rejected

Kris Zyp wrote:
>>> However, there are web apps in existence (e.g., Gmail)
>>> that set the "connection: close" header to inform the
>>> user-agent that the HTTP transaction is going to take
>>> a long time.  (This is also informative for the
>>> server.)  This allows a user-agent to not count this
>>> connection against the RFC 2616 recommended maximum of
>>> 2 persistent connections per host.
> As far as I can tell, Firefox is the only browser that regards
> "connection: close" as an indication that the connection should not be
> counted against the connection limit

What gives you that idea? I'm not actually sure since I don't know the
inner workings of the network code, but I have never heard of such behavior.

And in any case Firefox 3 does not even let you set the Connection
header using XHR.

/ Jonas