Re: IRI support in XHR, was: XHR LC comments

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:51:15 +0200
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:35:57 +0200, Julian Reschke
> <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Julian Reschke wrote:
>>> That being said, I just tested IRIs with IE/FF/Opera/Safari, and they
>>> work everywhere except in IE (both 7 and 8beta) (*). Thus, we don't
>>> have any kind of interoperability here.
> 3/4 doing the same sounds like interoperability is pretty good. There
> are features discovered where there's 6/4 having different behavior.
> (Different versions of the same engine.)

Of course 3/4 sounds better than "less than half of the browsers in use"

Do you really believe anybody is going to use IRIs in XHR if there's no
way to make it work in IE?

>> ...so this should probably be covered by the test suite...
> Of course, everything should.

I was mentioning it because MS apparently *does* run the test suite, so
adding a test would help ensure the problem appears on their radar.

BR, Julian