Geolocation ideas

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 20:33:53 +0000 (UTC)
To: chaals@opera.com
Cc: public-webapi@w3.org

Hey Chaals,

Could you please confirm that it is acceptable for us to begin
unofficially discussing geolocation API requirements on the
public-webapi@w3.org mailing list and for us to start noodling on ideas in
CVS in the http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/ directory? We would like
to start today.

If yes, then could you maybe please also confirm that the working group
will adopt geolocation APIs as a working group work item, at least until
the W3C has decided whether to create a new working group for this? As far
as I can tell no working group members has expressed their dissent and
several have expressed their agreement since I first mentioned this last
week, which puts us ahead of most of our working group decisions! :-)

I understand that you are travelling; my apologies for making this
request when you are indisposed.

Cheers,