Re: Dedicated Geolocation List and Channel

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Doug Schepers wrote:

> Matt Womer and I have started a new email list for discussing
> geolocation. The new list, public-geolocation [1], will be archived, and
> the intent is for it to be the public list for the planned Geolocation
> WG:
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/
>
> I want to encourage folks not to put off technical discussion on the
> matter, or wait for the Geolocation WG to form; you can join the email
> list today, and start your engines.  Of particular interest will be
> initial discussions of what the scope of the deliverables should be, and
> that will affect the charter.

Could we please keep the discussion to this group? It seems like most
people on this group agree that the work should happen in this group, and
it would be very confusing to have to move stuff back and forth,
especially if the charter proposal for geo fails, as seems likely given
several browser vendors have requested that it stay in this group.