Dedicated Geolocation List and Channel

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 17:59:20 -0400
To: Web API public <public-webapi@w3.org>

Hi, Folks-

Matt Womer and I have started a new email list for discussing
geolocation.  The new list, public-geolocation [1], will be archived,
and the intent is for it to be the public list for the planned
Geolocation WG:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/

I want to encourage folks not to put off technical discussion on the
matter, or wait for the Geolocation WG to form; you can join the email
list today, and start your engines.  Of particular interest will be
initial discussions of what the scope of the deliverables should be, and
that will affect the charter.

In parallel, we will be working on the charter in public, and will
present it to W3M and submit it for AC Review.  We already know that
there is considerable Member interest in this activity, so we anticipate
a smooth review period, and will announce the new WG as soon as
possible.  We will keep the public-geolocation list informed every step
of the way.

We've also started a new W3C IRC channel, #geolocation.  Please feel
free to have discussions there, as well.  We are interested in keeping
logs of the chat there on the W3C servers, so chime in if you think
that's a good or bad idea.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI