Re: [selectors-api]

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:28:07 +0100
To: "Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>, "Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Cc: public-webapi@w3.org

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:18:34 +0100, Steven Pemberton
<steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> wrote:
> I would prefer "Implementations should ensure that they do not crash or
> behave erratically" if you see my point.
>
> But what I don't understand is why the spec thinks that a hostile
> NSResolver should be called out, or even what such a thing is.

To ensure that naïve implementors don't overlook the potential issue here.
An implementation of NSResolver can be provided by the script author as
the specification explains and the script author can do all kinds of weird
things that don't match a conforming implementation of NSResolver (such as
mutating the DOM tree).