Re: [selectors-api] What DOM feature "Selectors API" belongs to?

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:36:17 +0100
To: Sergey <castonet@yahoo.co.uk>
CC: public-webapi@w3.org

Sergey wrote:
> Building forward-compatible applications (as well as technology
> implementations in browsers) require knowledge of what DOM feature
> "Selectors API" is to belong to.

This specification intentionally does not specify a feature string for
use with hasFeature() because it is unnecessary.  There already exists a
better alternative detection method that can be used to test for feature

if (document.querySelector) {
   // Supported
} else {
   // Not suported

No change has been made to the specification.

Please see the latest version of the spec in CVS to review the changes.

Please let me know if you are not satisified with this response.

Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software