Re: [XHR] Editorial - labelling sections

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 01:28:46 +0100
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com>, "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:01:30 +0100, Charles McCathieNevile
<chaals@opera.com> wrote:
> working through the first test case I looked at, sections of the
> document seem to be quite large. I believe it would be helpful if there
> were a more granular breakdown of sections, and a more detailed table of
> contents, in order to refer in more detail to important parts of the
> spec.

This is changed in XMLHttpRequest Level 2. I rather not change the whole
structure for XMLHttpRequest Level 1 as we've had this structure since the
beginning and changing it will be quite some editorial work with a high
risk of introducing errors. Each member of the interface has a unique
identifier so you can easily point to them.