Re: XHR tests

From: Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@webkit.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 23:16:06 +0300
Cc: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>
To: Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>

On Feb 12, 2008, at 11:09 PM, Hallvord R. M. Steen wrote:

> Pardon, perhaps because I have not done much spec development I
> don't understand
> the logic of that statement.
>
> Since RFC 2616 says header names are case insensitive, it follows that
> 'X-Custom-Header' and 'x-custom-header' are both valid by RFC 2616,
> and both
> are the same header. So how would we contradict 2616 by telling
> implementors
> not to change the case of script authors' input?

   As 'X-Custom-Header' and 'x-custom-header' are the same header name
in HTTP sense, a compliant process or spec can not handle one side of
"the same" differently than another side. For this same reason, there
is no notion of case for HTTP header names, so stating that the case
shouldn't be changed makes no formal sense.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov