Re: IE Team's Feedback on the XHR Draft

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:58:07 +0100
To: "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 23:32:35 +0100, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
> Moreover, this is, in fact, what this WG was chartered to do regarding
> XHR:
> "This deliverable should begin by documenting the existing
> XMLHttpRequest interface."

We have done that to some extent. When we finished with that (initial
drafts of the current specification) we thought it would be good to make
an actual specification people can implement against. To ensure that
XMLHttpRequest integrates with the rest of the APIs the W3C provides some
changes have to be made and some deviations of existing implementations as
well.