Re: [DOM3Events] keyCode and charCode data requested

From: Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 07:32:29 +0200
To: "Darin Adler" <darin@apple.com>, "Andrew Emmons" <andrew.emmons@quickoffice.com>
Cc: "public-webapi@w3.org" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:32:45 +0200, Darin Adler <darin@apple.com> wrote:

>     2) For Esc, I get:
>          27    -    27
>      So, no keypress event. Probably also a bug.

I noticed too that keypress event fires for Esc on Win-IE (version 7 btw)
- it doesn't make much sense since Esc doesn't insert any characters. I
still tried to special-case Esc in my proposed algorithm to keep it
IE-compatible on this point.

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen
Core QA JavaScript tester, Opera Software