Re: Modal dialogs in HTML5

* Joćo Eiras wrote:
>> Unless the page raises another dialog of course
>
>For that there are popup blockers.
>The user must click something for another popup to open.

Of course there are solutions, but you might ultimately be asking the
wrong question to begin with. If the problem is simply avoiding loss of
date when the user closes a window, you could simply save the changes
without asking the user (in a manner that does not override the old
state). That would have its own problems, and so would alternate so-
lutions, the decision is which set of problems you prefer; that there
are known workarounds for modal dialog problems does not mean we should
have those problems in the first place.