RE: IE Team's Proposal for Cross Site Requests

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:01:33 +0200, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> > On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 04:26:39 +0200, Sunava Dutta wrote:
> > >
> > > I think this discussion is best continued in a telecon.
> >
> > Wouldn't it be better if the IE Team first addressed the issues raised
> > so far with XDomainRequest in an e-mail? Getting this information in a
> > teleconference is not very convenient as minutes are often of poor
> > quality and teleconferences don't allow for thinking arguments through
> > and studying them.
> >
> > Here's a subset of the e-mails that as far as I can have not been
> > addressed by the IE Team:
> >
> >   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2008Mar/0211.html
> >   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2008Mar/0212.html
> >   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2008Apr/0125.html
> >   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2008Apr/0056.html
>
> Given the multitude of issues raised, and the obvious back-and-forth
> that denotes many differing opinions, I'd suggest having a telecom to
> discuss these questions, and make sure that Sunava, Eric and myself can
> attend.

I'm with Anne on this. Please reply to the e-mails before convening a
telecon. It is very difficult to carefully consider feedback in the
context of a telecon.

The problem isn't "back-and-forth" denoting "many differing opinions", the
problem is that we don't know what Microsoft's opinion _is_.

Telecons are by their nature much less open, and minutes are almost
uniformly so poor that it is hard to impossible to get precise technical
details out of telecons. A telecon would not be appropriate at this point.