Re: [XMLHttpRequest2] response headers for cross-site requests

From: Laurens Holst <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:42:05 +0200
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>
Anne van Kesteren schreef:
> Currently XMLHttpRequest Level 2 has restrictions on getting response
> headers when doing a cross-site request. I have a feeling these may be
> an artifact of the slightly older model.
> getAllResponseHeaders() returns the empty string currently.
> getResponseHeader(header) returns null unless header is one of
> Cache-Control, Content-Language, Content-Type, Expires, Last-Modified,
> Pragma.
> I think we should be able to change this. (Though we can't expose
> Set-Cookie and Set-Cookie2 obviously.)

I think Location should be included in that whitelist as well. It is not
only used for 3xx redirection headers, but HTTP specifies that it can
also be returned after a 201 Created request, to indicate the URL of the
newly created resource:

Similarly, the Content-Location header should also be on the white-list.

Actually, I think all Content-* headers should be on the white-list, so
including Content-MD5, Content-Length, Content-Encoding and Content-Range.