[XMLHttpRequest2] response headers for cross-site requests

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 12:08:59 +0200
To: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Currently XMLHttpRequest Level 2 has restrictions on getting response
headers when doing a cross-site request. I have a feeling these may be an
artifact of the slightly older model.

getAllResponseHeaders() returns the empty string currently.

getResponseHeader(header) returns null unless header is one of
Cache-Control, Content-Language, Content-Type, Expires, Last-Modified,
Pragma.

I think we should be able to change this. (Though we can't expose
Set-Cookie and Set-Cookie2 obviously.)

Any thoughts?

(I bbc'ed the WAF WG list as there might be some people there interested
in this. Please reply to the Web API WG list. I'll be happy when this work
ends up in the same group soonish...)