Re: [XHR] i18n comment 6: combining of multiple Accept-Language headers

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:12:07 +0100, <addison@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> --
> If the header argument is in the list of request headers either use
> multiple headers, combine the values or usea combination of those
> --
>
> It then gives and example in which the headers are combined
> algorithmically (basically, concatenating them). However, some headers,
> such as Accept-Language, use q-weights and other structure and this
> approach may not work acceptably in those cases. Perhaps provide some
> guidance on these cases?

Correct. The method does not take HTTP semantics into account. I haven't
had feedback so far that this is actually problematic, apart from that it
isn't very nice. (If in due course authors do start to complain about this
it is something that could be addressed by XMLHttpRequest Level 3.)