Re: ISSUE-119: names lengthComputable and total

From: Jean-Yves Bitterlich <Jean-Yves.Bitterlich@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 21:34:50 +0100
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Cc: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>
Hi,
To the question in ISSUE-119 whether "[...] they already get implemented
with these names somewhere?", the answer would yes given that the Final
Release of "JSR-280 XML API" (http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=280)
defines the following methods based on the already existing names:

|boolean| 	|*getLengthComputable <cid:part1.04030001.07090808@sun.com>*()|
          Specifies whether the total size of the transfer is known.
| int| 	|*getLoaded <cid:part2.06010709.09060405@sun.com>*()|
          Specifies the number of bytes downloaded since the beginning
of the download.
| int| 	|*getTotal <cid:part3.02060700.06050607@sun.com>*()|
          Specifies the expected total number of bytes of the content
transferred in the operation.

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Anne opined, a while ago, that these two attributes should have names
> more closely related. In my request for further information, nobody
> said they had any great reason for keeping the current names.
>
> I therefore propose to resolve this issue by changing the name
> "lengthComputable" to "totalKnown". Any objections?
>
> cheers
>
> Chaals

Jean-Yves Bitterlich, Senior Staff Engineer
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Heimstetten, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Bömer;
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028, WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 20803943
HypoVereinsbank München, Konto 31 625 009, BLZ 700 202 70