Re: [XMLHttpRequest] update from the editor

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> On May 14, 2007, at 9:26 AM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>> * Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>> It was added for compatibility with WebKit. I don't really feel strongly
>>> about it, ...
>>
>> Excellent, I then look forward to a proposal that Jonas and I do not
>> regard as inappropriate.
>
> I don't personally feel strongly about this particular issue (I don't
> think it is common for sites to send text/xsl as a MIME type on the
> wire), but since when is the fact that someone "regard[s] [it] as
> inappropriate" a valid reason to change something? Shouldn't reasoning
> be based on valid technical arguments, not feelings?

Being non-standard, unsupported by a large majority of browser installs,
undefined what it means (since it's not registered) and doesn't add much
value seems like valid technical arguments against including it.

Do you have any valid techincal arguments for including it?

/ Jonas