Re: upload progress events

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 16:00:26 -0600
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: public-webapi@w3.org

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Out of curiosity, has Mozilla already shipped a product that has the
> "uploadprogress" event?

Not yet.  It's been present in development builds of Gecko 1.9 for a
while, but not in anything shipped.

I suspect we'll just remove it in favor of the new setup, but wanted to
make sure I knew what our options are.

> Is it used by web content, or just by chrome/extensions? How widespread is the use?

I don't really have good data on this.  I suspect the answers are "just
chrome/extensions" and "not very widespread", but that's just a gut
feeling, combined with the fact that it's not shipped and not yet
clearly documented.

-Boris