Re: [XMLHttpRequest] Change to SENT state

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:37:15 +0200
To: "Stewart Brodie" <stewart.brodie@antplc.com>, public-webapi@w3.org

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:25:36 +0200, Stewart Brodie
<stewart.brodie@antplc.com> wrote:
> So now you get *three* events dispatched immediately one after the other
> when doing a HEAD request.  Still, since the spec is just documenting
> IE's behaviour, you don't have a choice, I suppose.

With XMLHttpRequest 2 you can just listen to the load event. I agree that
the situation with readystatechange is far from optimal.

> Are you going to change all the methods like getRequestHeader so that
> they are now valid in state HEADERS_RECEIVED - it would be just bizarre
> to issue an event saying that we've got the complete HTTP header and
> then prohibit
> the reading of the HTTP status and headers until the entity body has
> started arriving.

All methods? I changed getResponseHeader and getAllResponseHeaders. The
specification does not define getRequestHeader.