[XHR2] text/html and responseXML

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:04:22 +0200
To: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Jonas already mentioned it in another e-mail and this feature was indeed
planned (by me 8-)) for XMLHttpRequest level 2. responseText already
follows text/html rules for encoding detection etc. but for parsing we
probably need to state that it needs to run with support for scripting
disabled which affects how <noscript> is parsed etc. I'm wondering if we
should do it like that or have scripts not run and parse <noscript> as if
scripting was enabled. (I'm not sure whether HTML 5 has an option for the
latter, but that's for instance how html5lib currently works.)

Any opinions on this? Anything else I should pay attention too when adding
this feature?