Re: [progress-events] stalled, lengthComputable, loadstart vs begin

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:46:22 +0200
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>  * HTML 5 suggests "begin" as name for the first event rather than
>    "loadstart". I like "begin" better, but I care mostly about them
>    being the same.

We cannot call it 'begin' because that name and the easily confusable
name 'beginEvent' are already used in a number of implementations and
specifications for a distinct purpose. You would have to find a name
without this problem that works for both if you want them to be the
same, although that seems like a weird request to me (different events
should have different names, and the same event should be defined just
once, not several times).