Re: Timing Interface

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 22:57:17 -0000
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com>, "Web API public" <public-webapi@w3.org>, "SVG working group" <w3c-svg-wg@w3.org>, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>

"Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
> On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 12:59:00 -0500, Charles McCathieNevile
> <chaals@opera.com> wrote:
>> This is because we are allegedly going to get around to it, if I recall
>> correctly. If you're keen, I would suggest you further track exactly
>> where that got up to. It being Saturday morning, I don't recall which
>> spec
>> it falls in...
>
> Window will specify it for ECMAScript. Most other languages already have a
> library for doing this.

Has there been any attempt to punt timers to the ECMA 2.0 people, as it
really is not a WEB API, and it's only being done as a band-aid to the ES
limited people.  It might be nice to then just write up setTimeout on a if
you're going to do it, do it like this.  Rather than make the effort to
design a suitable WEB-API for timers?

Cheers,

Jim.