Bubbling Re: Progress event spec

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:52:00 -0500, João Eiras <joao.eiras@gmail.com>
wrote:

> And a suggestion: in the spec I read "@@Issue: Does it bubble / is it
> cancelable? I am not sure why it would / be, myself."
> It should only bubble and have as target the related document, or xhr
> object, just like the load event.

Actually, that was the bit I forgot to say before. In fact, we decided to
make
it cancelable, but not bubble, since you could capture it if you want and
forcing it to bubble eats run-time resources...

If you think we got it badly wrong, can you please give a more detailed
explanation of why? The only rationale we were offered so far was that
since
more or less everything bubbles, it would require special casing this in an
implementation to stop it bubbling which is a minor pain. Our call was
that the
run-time cost was more serious.

cheers

Chaals