Re: Selectors API naming

From: Robert Sayre <sayrer@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 15:51:44 -0500
To: "Jon Ferraiolo" <jferrai@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "Joćo Eiras" <joao.eiras@gmail.com>, "Web APIs WG" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On 1/25/07, Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I encourage you to read the process document

I encourage you to read the WG charter.
<http://www.w3.org/2006/webapi/admin/charter>

Looking over the charter, I see the proceedings of the WG are
Member-Only (bad), but it also states:

"For example, the Working Group should publish specifications often,
send summaries of Working Group activity to a public list and
participate in those public lists, responding to comments in a timely
manner."

If the WG doesn't provide public minutes, and doesn't otherwise
respond to public comments from WG members and the general public, I
think it should change its charter to be entirely Member Confidential.
I wouldn't want that, but it seems like it would be more accurate.

--

Robert Sayre