Re: heads-up on use of unnamespaced event types in XBL2

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 05:00:57 +0100
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, public-webapi@w3.org

On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 00:06:33 +0100, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> FYI, the XBL2 spec currently defines two events, 'xbl-bound' and
> 'bindings-are-ready', without namespaces. If anyone thinks that these
> events should be namespaced, please let me know.

In general I think it is good that events are namespaced. In particular,
if they
are going to be null-namespaced I prefer that the WebAPI, or its successor,
group declares that explicitly as something it approves.

Since you are asking us, I personally have no problem with them being in
the
null namespace.

Anyone feel otherwise or can we call consensus on this?

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com Try Opera 9.1 http://opera.com