On 1/1/07, Shadow2531 <shadow2531@gmail.com> wrote:
> Reference for TC: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2006Dec/0127>
> So, it seems that:
> win cap (1) ([object HTMLImageElement])
> doc cap (1) ([object HTMLImageElement])
> win cap (1) ([object HTMLDocument])
> doc t+b (2) ([object HTMLDocument])
> win t+b (2) ([object HTMLDocument])
>
> is the way to go because it doesn't break the 'false' behavior and it
> allows 'true' to work as mosts sites intend. (Opera can produce that
> with the body -> document target fixes.)

Actually, "allows 'true' to work as mosts sites intend", would be an
error on my part as most sites intend 'true' to work like 'false'.

So, even if that was the right way to go, " win cap (1) ([object
HTMLImageElement])" should not be there if we consider  what sites
expect. It is not there in the Minefield/3.0a2pre btw. Also, the win
cap (1) ([object HTMLDocument]) has 2 for the phase as if 'false' was
used for the event listener.  (That basically makes 'true' do the same
as 'false' for window and 'load' in Minefield/3.0a2pre).

I also see that document.addEventListener doesn't work in
Minefield/3.0a2pre with 'false' .

So, assuming document.addEventListener with 'false' worked in
Minefield/3.0a2pre, the result would look like this:

doc cap (1) ([object HTMLImageElement])
win cap (2) ([object HTMLDocument])
doc t+b (2) ([object HTMLDocument])
win t+b (2) ([object HTMLDocument])

That result would be more like what sites expect even if it doesn't seem right.

--
burnout426